- 1940 Census
- The 1940 census information was released by the National Archives at the beginning of April 2012. Their site has step by step directions for locating residents. Complete indexing should be available in summer 2013. Meanwhile some persistence will give you access to these records.
- American Ancestors
- If you're looking for information on New England genealogy, the site of the New Enbland Historic Genealogical Society in Boston offers a wealth of information. Their scope has expanded to national coverage as well. Try out their Education Center for free on-line courses on several genealogical topics.
- A very popular genealogy site on the web. There are portions of the site for members only.
- Ancestry Library Edition (available in the Library only)
- A searchable genealogy database provided by
NHewLink of the NH State Library is available to be used from in the library.
- Castle Garden
- This free site offers access to an extraordinary database of information on 12 million immigrants from 1820 through 1892, the year Ellis Island opened.
- Cemetery Records Online
- Search cemetery records from around the world.
- Cyndi's List
- The largest online genealogical directory with over 190 categories and more than 312,000 links.
- Ellis Island Records
- Track immigrants entering via Ellis Island and honored at the Statue of Liberty. Searching and an e-mail newsletter are free with registration.
- This site is from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and contains the largest collection of free family history, family tree and genealogy records in the world.
- HeritageQuest Online
- Use your Bedford Library card number to access this database which
contains census records, an index to hundreds of historical and genealogical
publications and family histories .
- History & Genealogy of Bedford
- A web site that offers genealogical and historical resources for the town of Bedford and the local area.
- New Hampshire Historical Society
- Provides information on numerous aspects of NH history.
- Lots of information, links and a long history as a genealogical source.
- Town of Bedford Cemeteries
- The records of the Bedford Cemeteries may be searched by a number of different parameters.
You may search for information on an individual basis using Last Name, Maiden Name, Date of Birth, Date of Death, Father's Name, Mother's Name and Mother's Maiden Name. Information about each cemetery is accessed by choosing the cemetery from the menu.
- Writing for Vital Records
- This site provides addresses to obtain vital records from around the country.